Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Sketchbook Detritus-Edmonton Long Weekend Edition






  
I finally broke the Western barrier of Ontario over the weekend and ended up in Edmonton  for a family function on my wife's side.  When I could find time, I worked in a new travel sketchbook and these were some of my more fun ideas, including a doodle dedicated to the late great Macho Man Randy Savage (which I scrawled as soon as I read the news). 
Savage was one of my favourite wrestlers as a young WWF fan, even though I made the error of cheering against him the first time I ever saw a live wrestling event at  Maple Leaf Gardens in 1986. On TV he put on some of the best matches ever, was definitely entertaining and had the best voice. RIP Macho Man...

1 comment:

Hyein Lee said...

Haha... such funny characters! I love the drummer guy <3