Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Recent Tidings Work...



I'm nearing five years as a regular contributor for Montreal based wine magazine Tidings and it continues to be a fun job that gives me a great amount of freedom to mess around and many changes in my style/technique are usually worked out here, to mixed levels of success of course. The two illustrations posted above are my first for the year. The top (Feb/March 2011), illustrates a column in which the writer (Peter Rockwell) discusses Portugal (represented by the rooster) as an underrated wine producer that's just beginning to catch on. The bottom (April 2011) accompanies his advice for what types of all purpose wines one can bring to the party. I like that I don't show too much of the character's facial features and show their nervousness through the clenched teeth and excessive sweat. I can't wait to post my next column, but I'll have to wait until May for that...

1 comment:

Brandon said...

Nice post! Glad I found this blog.

If you like photography, check out mine!
www.electricbrandon.com

If you want, follow it. I'll do the same.