Thursday, December 23, 2010

Let it Snow...

I was recently approached by the Toronto based design firm Hambly and Woolley to create an image for their annual Christmas card for 2010. Every year the firm donates a dozen pigs and sheep to needy families via World Vision and the image on the card relates to that gift in some fashion (which is also a visual pun on the company name-get it?). I took the whole idea in a fun and whimsical direction and was very influenced by the pond skating scene in "A Charlie Brown Christmas", which was always my favourite part.
Thanks go out to Bob Hambly at H&W for creative direction and Dominic Ayre for colour correction in the final (seen below).

3 comments:

flow said...

Great illustration, I love it. It makes a quality card and for a good cause too, bonus.

april1377 said...

I love it!

M. Arthur Douglas Daley said...

thanks very much to you both!