Wednesday, May 26, 2010

One for the kiddies...

My friends, Scott and Stacey, are having a baby in the next few days. They asked me to paint a mural on the wall of the baby's room. I haven't painted in about 5 years, so I was scared. As it turns out, I'm not as rusty as I thought.

Above: The digital illustration I used as a "sketch. Scott had a projector attached to his computer that we were able to use. They knew they're having a girl, so they wanted an image that involved a little girl and their dog Webber...



Above: And so the work begins...


Above: The fine details added...


Above: Girl detail...


Above: Webber detail...


Above: The finished piece
All photos by Scott Willemsen

Thanks and congratulations in advance to Scott and Stacey. It was a fun project and worked out much, much better than I'd hoped...