Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Melvins Illustration in June 2010 Exclaim-Out Now...

For quite a while now, my favourite band has been the Melvins (I've been bordering on scary fanatic levels of worship in fact). When Exclaim Magazine came calling and asked if I wanted to do an illustration of the band for their June issue, of course I said yes. For my interpretation, I combined it with another one of my favourite things in the world, that being Japanese monster movies. Fitting, since I more or less see the Melvins as an unstoppable force since they've only gotten better in their 25+ years of existence and are showing no signs of slowing down.
Thanks to my friend Christopher at Exclaim, I've heard the new album "The Bride Screamed Murder" and I'd say it definitely ranks among their best....

No comments: