Friday, February 26, 2010

Old Strips Week-Part 5

Some heavy blogging here today. With this third and final post of the day, I bring my old comics retrospective to a close. First up is another contribution to Don't Touch Me, this from April of 2007. Let's examine, shall we...
Secondly, as featured in the Fall 2007 edition of Broken Pencil. I was asked to do a "write up" of sorts on that year's Toronto Comics Art Festival. The theme for the particular issue was "horror" so I thought the conversation with Seth was a fitting subject for the story. The title block is an homage to the classic EC books. Not one of my favourite pieces (last minute once again), but there's something charming about the whole story, especially the nod to my grandfather. It's likely the closest I'll ever get to doing an autobio type of story...

No comments: