Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Old Strips Week-Part 3

This post is a continuation of the one below in a way. After my first submission to Tastes Like Chicken, publisher Wayne Chinsang took a liking to my work and proposed a collaboration. These strips are the first three results. Wayne was full of odd ideas and great rhymes which made these strips a true pleasure to work on. He was also open to my need to mess around, just as long as I got the strips finished by the (tight) deadlines.
The first strip was done in colour to be put on the magazine's website as the strip was initially supposed to be web only. The third strip is the result of my computer crapping out on me as well as an extra tight deadline due to my having gone on my honeymoon for two weeks. I had to leave the modern era behind and composed it using a grease marker and rubber stamps for the letters.
More installments to follow, click on the images for a better view..


No comments: